Located on the Teaneck-New Milford boundary, and separated by Roemer Avenue from the Matthew Feldman Nature Preserve and the Thomas Condit Nature Trails. The park contains mature trees with only modest understory. Landscaping is present at the point of the triangle closest to the historical marker. The park is named for General George Washington's Continental Forces who in 1776 retreated from Fort Lee on November 20. The retreat route took the 2,500 soldiers down New Bridge Road into Teaneck towards Hackensack.