Howard C. Williams
Howard Williams was born to Charles and Theo Williams in New Jersey on March 1, 1922. He had two sisters, Ruth and Norma. The family lived in Montvale, NJ in the 1930s and eventually moved to Teaneck.
Howard graduated from Teaneck High School in 1939. He was described in his Yearbook as being friendly, ever smiling and frisky. He enjoyed French Class.
Private First Class Williams served in the United States Marine Corps (4th Marine Division) in the Pacific. This brave young man gave his life for his county when he was killed in action on 7/25/44 in the Saipan/Tinian campaign.
He was initially buried in a Mariana Islands cemetery. His body was sent back to the United States and he was buried on January 6, 1949 in the Beverly National Cemetery in Beverly (Burlington County), NJ.
High School Yearbook
- 1930 United States Federal Census
- 1940 United States Federal Census for Howard C. Williams
- World War II Navy, Marine Corps, and Coast Guard Casualties, 1941-1945 for Howard C. Williams
- U.S. Veterans Gravesites, ca. 1775-2006
- U.S. National Cemetery Interment Control Forms, 1928-1962 for Howard C Williams
National World War II Memorial, Wash., D.C. Website
Find A Grave Website