Jean Doville Vogt
Gene Vogt, son of Emily and Benjamin Vogt, was born in Florida on 1/18/1920. He had seven siblings. The family subsequently resided in Teaneck, NJ.
Gene’s primary interest growing up was aviation. His ambition was to become a pilot. Gene, a 1938 Teaneck High School graduate was described in his Yearbook as being quiet, pleasant, nonchalant and obliging.
This brave 24 year old man gave his life for his country on 6/14/44 when the bomber that he was copiloting was shot down while targeting a German Air Force base in Coulommiers France; and crashed/exploded near Bisseau France.
A memorial for Lt. Vogt can be found at George Washington Memorial Park in Paramus N.J.
High School Yearbook
- 1910 United States Federal Census for Kouis K Vogt (Grandfather)
- 1920 United States Federal Census for Benjiman Vogt (Father)
- 1930 United States Federal Census for Jean Vogt
- 1940 United States Federal Census for Jean Vogt
- U.S., Headstone Applications for Military Veterals, 1925-1963 for Jean D Vogt
fold3.com (Historical Military Records)
National World War II Memorial, Wash., D.C. Website
Find A Grave Website