Paul Taylor was born in Weehawken, NJ on 4/24/1914 to Helen and James Taylor. He had an older brother, James and an older sister, Ruth. The family lived for many years in Teaneck. Paul attended Teaneck High School in the early 1930s and he attended college for two years. He was on the High School Track Team and was a reporter for the Te-Hi News.
Paul was married to Joan Shimer on 3/4/44 in Lehigh, PA. He enlisted in the Army on 7/18/42. and lived with his wife at that time in Bethlehem, PA. Paul attained the rank of Flight Officer in Army Air Transport Command, serving in the 553rd Air Force Base Unit. He was killed in service on 2/14/45 in Edmonton, Alberta Canada.
This valiant man, who died while serving his country, lies buried at the Nisky Hill Cemetery in Bethlehem, PA.
High School Yearbook
Te-Hi News (Teaneck High School Newspaper)
- 1910 United States Federal Census (parents)
- 1920 United States Federal Census
- 1930 United States Federal Census for Paul S. Taylor
- 1940 United States Federal Census (parents)
- Pennsylvania, Veteran Compensation application Files, WWII, 1950-1966 for Paul Spencer Taylor
- Pennsylvania, Veteran Burial Cards, 1777-2012 for Paul S. Taylor
Find A Grave Website