Norman Reeves was born in Hackensack, NJ on 5/30/1928 to Florence and William Reeves. He had 2 sisters and a brother. Norman was the youngest child. The family lived in Teaneck and Norman attended Teaneck High School (Class of 1946). He is described in his High School Yearbook as being quiet and ambitious. Norman was a member of the Rifle Club and Wrestling Team. He enjoyed riding a bicycle, driving a car and had a good sense of humor. His ambition was to become a success in the business world.
He enlisted in the Armed Forces on 9/6/46 and served as a Technician, Fifth Grade, in the 221st Airborne Medical Company, 11th Airborne Division.
This brave, young serviceman was killed in an automobile accident on 6/6/48 in North Honshu, Japan. He is buried in Arlington National Cemetery, Arlington, Virginia.
High School Yearbook
Te-Hi News (Teaneck High School Newspaper)
- 1944 Te-Hi News, April 26, May 10, November 22
- 1945 Te-Hi News, March 7, May 2, October 24, November 7, December 19
- 1946 Te-Hi News, January 16, February 6, February 20, April 17
The Sunday Sun
- Corporal Reeves Dies In Auto Accident in Japan - The Sunday Sun, June 13, 1948, p. 37
Arlington National Cemetery
- Norman Wallace Reeves - Overview
- 1930 United States Federal Census for Norman W. Reeves
- 1940 United States Federal Census for Norman Reeves
- U.S. National Cemetery Interment Control Forms, 1928-1962
Find A Grave Website