Harold V. Powers
Harold Powers was born in Manhattan, New York on 12/30/1905 to Harold and Helen Powers. He had three sisters and a brother. The family also lived in the New Jersey municipalities of Hackensack, Woodcliff and Teaneck.
Harold completed two years of high school and worked as an electrotyper. He was married to Irma Powers. He enlisted in the Army on 5/3/43 and served in the 9th Infantry Regiment, 2nd Division. He attained the rank of Private First Class.
Private Powers was killed in action on 2/13/45 in an area northeast of Schleiden, Germany.
This valiant soldier was awarded the Purple Heart Medal and is buried at the Henri- Chapelle American Cemetery and Memorial in Liege, Belgium.
- New York, New York, Birth Index, 1878-1909
- 1910 United States Federal Census
- 1920 United States Federal Census
- 1930 United States Federal Census
- 1940 United States Federal Census
- U. S. World War II Army Enlistment Records, 1938-1946
- U.S., Social Security Death Index, 1935-2014
- World War II and Korean Conflict Veterans Interred Overseas
- U.S., Headstone and Interment Records for U.S. Military Cemeteries on Foreign Soil, 1942-1949 for Harold V. Powers
American Battle Monuments Commission
fold3.com (Historical Military Records)
National World War II Memorial, Wash., D.C. Website
Fields of Honor Database Website
Find A Grave Website