Elmer Mueggenberg (Mueggenburg)
Elmer Mueggenberg was born in Illinois on 10/28/1896 to John and Frieda Meuggenberg. His parents were born in Germany. He had three sisters. The family lived in Illinois and Teaneck. On 8/4/23 Elmer married Edna Wolter.
Elmer was talented in the areas of linguistics and mechanics. He served in World War One with Company M, 27th Infantry in the American Expeditionary Force and spent 4 years in the Philippines, China, and Russia.
In World War Two Elmer served as a Chief Machinist Mate in the U.S. Navy.
This courageous veteran of World War One and World War Two died of a brain tumor on 10/14/44.
Capt. Stephen S. Schoonmaker Post: 25th anniversary year book
- 1910 United States Federal Census
- 1920 United States Federal Census
- 1930 United States Federal Census
- 1940 United States Federal Census
- Cook County, Illinois Marriage Indexes, 1912-1942
NYC Dept. of Records and Information Services