High School Yearbook
- 1930 United States Federal Census
- 1940 United States Federal Census
- U. S. World War II Army Enlistment Records, 1938-1945
- U. S. National Cemetery Interment Control Forms, 1928-1962 for Robert C. Middlemas
fold3.com (Historical Military Records)
National World War II Memorial, Wash., D.C. Website
Find A Grave Website
- Sgt Robert C Middlemas - Robert served as a Sergeant on a B-29, U.S. Army Air Force during World War II.
He enlisted in the Army on January 12, 1944 at Fort Dix, New Jersey. He was noted, at the time of his enlistment, as being employed as a Office machine operator and also as Single, without dependents.
He attended and graduated from the Teaneck High School, Teaneck, New Jersey.
He was promoted to the rank of Sergeant on March 8, 1945,
Robert was "Killed In Action" during a flight from Saipan to Kyushu, Japan when his B-29 was shot down by enemy aircraft. He was awarded the Purple Heart. He may also have been awarded the Air Medal.
He was originally interred overseas and was later repatriated here on August 8, 1949.