Anthony Mazza was born in New Jersey in about 1927 to Anna Mazza . Anthony’s mother was born in Italy and came to the United States in 1924. He had an older sister Louise. The family lived in Teaneck, NJ.
Anthony served his country as a Seaman Second Class in the Navy. He served on the Tank Landing Ship LST-291 and on the destroyer USS Eugene A. Greene (DD711). Seaman Mazza’s listed date of death is 4/26/46.
This brave sailor is memorialized at Memorial Cemetery: Tablets of the Missing at East Coast Memorial, Manhattan, NY.
- 1930 United States Federal Census
- 1940 United States Federal Census
- U.S. World War II Navy Muster Rolls, 1938-1949 for Anthony Mazza (10/1/1945)
- U.S. World War II Navy Muster Rolls, 1938-1949 for Anthony Mazza (5/1/1946)
- U.S. Rosters of World War II Dead, 1939-1945 for Anthony Mazza
- WWI, WWII, and Korean War Casualty Listings
- World War II and Korean Conflict Veterans Interred Overseas
American Battle Monuments Commission
fold3.com (Historical Military Records)
National World War II Memorial, Wash., D.C.
- Anna "Marianna" Visconti Mazza (possible mother of Anthony Mazza) - The Record, Friday, 3/25/1994
Find A Grave Website