Anthony Mazza was born in New Jersey in about 1927 to Fiore and Anna Mazza . Both of Anthony’s parents were born in Italy. Fiore "Frank" Mazza served in WWI. Anthony had an older sister Louise. The family lived in Teaneck, NJ.
Anthony served his country as a Seaman Second Class in the Navy. He served on the Tank Landing Ship LST-291 and on the destroyer USS Eugene A. Greene (DD711). Seaman Mazza’s listed date of death is 4/26/46.
This brave sailor is memorialized at Memorial Cemetery: Tablets of the Missing at East Coast Memorial, Manhattan, NY.
- 1930 United States Federal Census
- 1940 United States Federal Census
- U.S. World War II Navy Muster Rolls, 1938-1949 for Anthony Mazza (10/1/1945)
- U.S. World War II Navy Muster Rolls, 1938-1949 for Anthony Mazza (5/1/1946)
- U.S. Rosters of World War II Dead, 1939-1945 for Anthony Mazza
- WWI, WWII, and Korean War Casualty Listings
- World War II and Korean Conflict Veterans Interred Overseas
American Battle Monuments Commission
fold3.com (Historical Military Records)
National World War II Memorial, Wash., D.C.
- Anna "Marianna" Visconti Mazza (possible mother of Anthony Mazza) - The Record, Friday, 3/25/1994
Find A Grave Website