William J. Gansarz
William J. Gansarz was born on April 5th, 1924 in New Jersey to Benjamin and Agatha Gansarz. Bill was the youngest of the family’s three kids that grew up on 240 East Forest Ave. Bill graduated Teaneck High, class of ‘42. In school he loved to play sports, especially golf. On January 5th 1943, Bill went to enlist. Bill joined the 3rd Infantry Division, 15th Infantry Regiment, Army. On February 11th, 1944, Bill was killed in a counterattack from the Anzio beachhead in Italy during the Battle of Anzio. He was buried in the Sicily-Rome American Cemetery in Nettuno, Italy. HIs remains were returned from Nettuno, Italy and interred in Long Island National Cemetery in New York on August 18th 1948.
High School Yearbook
Te-Hi News (Teaneck High School Newspaper)
- 1940 United States Federal Census
- U. S. World War II Army Enlistment Records, 1938-1946
- U.S. National Cemetery Interment Control Forms, 1928-1962 for William J. Gansarz
- U. S. Rosters of World War II Dead, 1939-1945
- U. S. Veterans Gravesites, ca. 1775-2006
National World War II Memorial, Wash., D.C.
World War II Database Website
Find A Grave Website