William F. Davis
Davis was the son of Fred and Mabel Davis. He had two sisters. The family resided at 1288 Hudson Road. Davis graduated THS in 1941 and was known as “Widge”. He also attended the Citadel for 1 ½ years. He married Carol Lantz of Maitland Avenue, Teaneck and they moved together to North Carolina where he was stationed.
From a young age he had ambitions to fly and enlisted in the Marine Corps and was sent to flight school. He attained the rank of Second Lieutenant and was based near New Bern, North Carolina. While on a test flight on Feb. 19, 1945 the plane crashed into woods several miles from the field and Davis was killed. He is buried at Hackensack Cemetery.
High School Yearbook
Te-Hi News (Teaneck High School Newspaper)
- Campbell Family Tree - William Fred Davis
- 1930 United States Federal Census about William Davis
- 1940 United States Federal Census about William Davis
- U. S. World War II Army Enlistment Records, 1938-1946
- North Carolina, Death Certificates, 1909-1975 for William Fred Davis
- Teaneck Pilot Dies in Crash - The Record, 2/21/1945, p. A1
- Rites for Davis - The Record, 2/26/1945, p.2
fold3.com (Historical Military Records)
Find A Grave Website