Frank Peter Daurio
Daurio was born to Alexander and Pasqualina, both natives of Italy, in 1926. The family was living at 844 Palisades Avenue by 1930. It was a large family with 8 children.
Daurio enlisted in the Navy. He was a Seaman 1st Class on the cruiser USS Nashville (CL-43) which took part in a number of campaigns. On Dec. 13, 1944, the ship was off Negros Island in the Philippines when it was hit by a kamikaze attack. 133 sailors were killed. His sacrifice is memorialized at the Manila American Cemetery and Memorial.
- 1930 United States Deferal Census
- 1940 United States Federal Census
- World War II and Korean Conflict Veterans Interred Overseas
- U. S., Headstone and Interment Records for U. S. Military Cemeteries on Foreign Soil, 1942-1949 for Frank P. Daurio
American Battle Monuments Commission Website
fold3.com (Historical Military Records)
- USS Nashville (CL-43) - Kamikaze attack
- Photo of "Cleaning up Kamikaze damage on board USS Nashville, December 1944
Find A Grave Website