John Lewis Becker
Becker attended Teaneck High School and played football. John was born in Brooklyn in 1918. The family was in Teaneck by 1924 and lived at 40 Garden Street. John's father owned a hardware store.
Becker was a pilot even before his military service and was known for his stunt flying. He initially enlisted in the Royal Canadian Air Force and achieved the rank of Sergeant Pilot. After transferring to the Army Air Force, he became a flight officer with the 6th Fighter Wing.
Becker died March 27, 1943 on a bombing mission over Europe. He is buried at the Cambridge American Cemetery and Memorial in England.
- 1920 United States Federal Census about John L. Becker
- 1930 United States Federal Census about John L. Becker
- 1940 United States Federal Census about John Becker Junior
- World War II and Korean Conflict Veterans Interred Overseas
- U. S. Headstone and Interment Records for U. S Military Cemeteries on Foreign Soil, 1942-1949 for John L. Becker
fold3.com (Historical Military Records)
American Battle Monuments Commission Website
Find A Grave Website