Teaneck Fire Department

From the postcard:

Teaneck Fire Dept.,  No.1, West Englewood, N. J.

Note:  Four of Teaneck's five independent Volunteer fire Companies were combined into the official municipal Teaneck Fire Department in 1915.  The Fairview Avenue fire station became Fire Co. 1.
(From: The Teaneck 100 Year Book)

Note:  In 1920, major improvements were made in the Teaneck Fire Department.  A new fire headquarters was built at 1217 Teaneck Road (now the Sunrise Valcanizing Company)
(From: The Teaneck 100 Year Book)
From the postcard:

Published by The Collotype Co., Elizabeth, N.J. and N. Y.

Note: Central Fire House, Teaneck Road between Fairview Avenue and Circle Driveway.  Erected 1947.  Late Georgian Revival style.  Designed by George M. Cady.  Listed in the Teaneck Historic Sites Survey.