Van Brunt Farmhouse c.1837
243 East Forest Avenue
Located on the far eastern edge
of the township, near Argonne Park, this small vernacular farmhouse is typical
of the pre-Civil War era dwellings which stood on farm plots throughout the
county. The open porch with shed roof and simple bracketed cornice may from its
second period of ownership in the McCulloh family (1867-76).