|MUNICIPAL MANAGER: Helene V. Fall, MPA||MUNICIPAL CLERK: Robyn J. LaMorte, RMC|
|Hours:||8:30 AM to 4:30 PM, Monday - Friday||Hours:||8:30 AM - 4:30 PM Monday - Friday|
|Address:||818 Teaneck Road, Teaneck, NJ 07666||Address:||818 Teaneck Road, Teaneck, NJ 07666|
The Municipal Manager is appointed by the Council and is fully qualified to exercise the powers to perform the duties of the office as required by law. The Manager is responsible to the Council for carrying out all policies established by it and for the proper administration of all affairs of the Township within the jurisdiction of the Council.
The Manager is the chief executive and administrative official of the Township and is responsible to, among other responsibilities:
1. Compile and submit to Council the tentative annual budget pursuant to law.
2. Execute all laws and ordinances of the Township and the State of New Jersey
3. Appoint and remove a Deputy Manager and all department heads and other officers, subordinates and assistants for whose selection or removal no other method is provided for in the Charter or otherwise.
4. Supervise and control his/her appointees and report all appointments or removals at the next meeting thereafter of the Council, or as otherwise prescribed.
5. Review existing job classifications and salary ranges of all employees and present recommendations for additions, changes or modifications to Council.
6. Negotiate contracts for the Township, subject to Council approval.
7. Report to Council any violations of the terms or conditions of any statutes, etc.
8. Attend all meetings of the Council with a right to take part in the discussions.
9. Keep the Council advised of the financial condition of the Township.
10. Make an annual report to Council, to include a detail list of major capital improvements considered by the Manager to be necessary or desirable during the succeeding five years.
11. Ensure that no contract is made or improvement undertaken until the necessary funds have been appropriated in the budget or by ordinance.
12. Consult and work together with the Council and Planning Board to maintain the Master Plan and in establishing plans for the future development of the Township.
13. Investigate at any time the affairs of any officer or department of the Township.
14. Establish the organizational structure, duties, plans and responsibilities of all department heads and their major subordinates who report to the Manager, within the framework of general administrative policies established.
15. Develop, update and submit to Council for its approval employment policies not covered by collective bargaining agreements and the New Jersey Department of Personnel, purchasing procedures, risk management procedures, negotiation positions in collective bargaining with employee unions, the status of formal employee grievances or claims whether or not referred to labor counsel, evaluations of each department and offices of the Township including staffing requirements and capital improvements as part of preparing and recommending an annual budget, and provide for a parts and supplies inventory oversight program.
The Municipal Clerk is responsible to:
1. Keep and preserve the minutes and records of the proceedings of Council.
2. Prepare detailed written minutes and make them available to Council within ten business days following the day of meeting. Upon approval of Council, the minutes shall be made available to the public.
3. Preserve and compile all ordinances and resolutions and at the end of each year codify and bind all ordinance and resolutions.
4. Have custody of the Township Seal.
5. Have and take custody of all official books, papers and documents of the Township for which no other provision is made.
6. Provide secretarial and clerical services for the Council and all Council members in the discharge of their official duties.
7. Prepare, arrange, keep and amend the Council meeting agendas, pursuant to the direction of Council.
8. Perform the functions required by Municipal Clerks by the General Election Law and any other State law or ordinance and receive the Township fees prescribed therefore.
9. Administer the licensing provisions of Township Ordinances where no other provision is made.
10. Perform the functions vested in the Clerk by State Law and Township ordinance relating to bingo and raffles licensing.
11. Coordinate activities between the Council and the various boards and bodies of the Township and collect and distribute the minutes of various boards and bodies of the Township.